Monday, August 21, 2006

Stating the Obvious

Free yourself… Rise up… Overcome….

Or whatever!

Facts are meaningless: you can use them to prove anything remotely true!

Weekly summary:

This week I saw at least two movies, they were:

Waking life” (2001)

Troy” (2004)

Both worth a look if your into that kinda thing… “Waking life” is a bit more conversational (maybe even controversial) and thought-provoking while at the same time visually... good, and different. A lot of discussion about subject matter that has no definitive answer, so right up my alley!

Here’s a quote (nah make it two: )

“The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. Because, if you can do that, you can do anything.”

“What a bunch of garbage; liberal, democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?”

Troy’ is a bit more of an epic war piece, with big budget stars and huge locations. But it ain’t too bad, gonna look a bit more closely if I ever get a giant horse from the Greeks.

Here is some (ironic?) trivia about said film:

Brad Pitt, who plays Achilles had a mishap during the production - he tore his left Achilles tendon.
(is that method acting?)

Weekly summary: Part deux!

Went out and saw a nice wee gig, it was:
Sam Flynn Scott (and band) & Voom! At the dux….
Real bloody good eh! Worth leaving the comfort of home...

I like fire, but not enough to be a pyromaniac…
I like churches, but I’m not involved in organised religion…

So that’s the weekly wrap up and shake down….

I came a bit unprepared for bloggin’ this week, so I’m sort of falling back on the sort of chain email crap that people send out with a message saying “Just send this to people and see what happens. Do not break this, please” or “once in some country you’ve never heard of a man broke the chain and his successful typewriter business was gone less than two decades”. So yeah, yeah you’ve heard it all before, Chuck Norris is tough and it’s basically an insult to your intelligence to read the rest of this post….

Everybody loves jokes and everybody finds them absolutely hilarious, it’s a ‘scientific® fact*’. Even if the joke is not particularly funny people will be happy with the knowledge that someone has taken the time to think up something to amuse them. For example....

1. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of crap.
2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
3. How about never? Is never good for you?
4. I see you've set aside this special time to publicly humiliate yourself.
5. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
6. Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
7. I'm out of my mind at the moment, but feel free to leave a message.
8. I don't work here - I'm a consultant.
9. It sounds like English, but I don't understand a damn word you're saying.
10. Ahhh. I see the stuff-up fairy has visited us again.

“Not a hoax, just a publicity stunt…”
“There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity.”


*May not have been proven at all, but merely serves to give sentence more power…

No comments: