Saturday, March 31, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Creativity and Authenticity…
Are these things to strive for?
Well I would say yes, but modern society/culture doesn’t seem quite so sure…
The other challenge is to do so without being…
Pretentious and self-indulgent
a challenge for some
What does it mean to exist right now?
Looking at the bright side
A grateful perspective
Remembering it could have been worse
If you believe it, you can make it so
We create our own reality daily
From the unconscious to the conscious
Friday, March 16, 2012
It’s all about perspective eh!!
There’s only one person that can decide how you feel and that’s you!
So I have decided to feel good and be positive about all the opportunities I will get
If I feel sad about it, then it just isn’t gonna help anyone, especially me!
Yeah well I am not saying it’s easy…
But some days you just feel ‘good’ for no real reason
But of course other days you feel bad for no reason aswell
Other times there are plenty of reasons…
But underneath it all the choice of how you process/deal with it
Is a choice that we have… we choose our perspective and so that dictates our moods…
But I guess I don’t get periods though,…
so I can’t judge how I would ‘handle’ the feelings that they create…
Think it’s a matter of constantly reminding self of the fact that there is a choice on how you deal with how you feel…
Haha, yeah well, I guess it’s one of those things, it’s almost like women are given an ‘excuse’ not to deal with how they feel at that time… cos dealing can be hard! Heh J
We are just on a constant path of self-improvement / awareness etc!
Yes that is a good summary of it really!!
We get so distracted with detail and trivialities, that we forgot to choose how we feel
An let ourselves fall into old habits of negativity and pessimism unnecessarily
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
We all see what we want to see...
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Sometimes to create things you have to make a bit of a mess.
Friday, March 09, 2012
All systems: nominal
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
Monday, March 05, 2012
Every now and then I do this:
- "The Old World buckles under its weight of statues: callous bishops, oily statesmen, lucky generals, all now attended only by pigeons." - Joe Bennett
- "We're all in this alone." - Lily Tomlin.
- "God did not create man in his own image. Evidently, it was quite the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilisation." - Christopher Hitchens.
- "We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people." -Arthur Schopenhauer.
- "We differ from dogs partly because of our vanity; we assume that what happens to us matters. And partly because of our emotions: we are the only beasts that laugh or cry. And partly because we have a sense of time. Like all creatures, we can live only in the here and now, but unlike them we hold on tight to the past." -Joe Bennett
- "A blog is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation." -Unconfirmed source.
- "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams.
- "You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." -Sacha Guitry.
- "To be able to fill in leisure intelligently is the last product of civilisation." -Bertrand Russell
- Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." -Sam Brown.
- "When we are unable to find tranquillity in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere" -Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
- "Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me." -Jourdon Anderson
- If there is anything the non-conformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another non-conformist, who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan.
- "Art is science made clear." -Jean Cocteau.
- "The world abounds in ruined places of worship. Consider the great slabs of Stonehenge, the jungle-shrouded temples of the Incas, the towering columns of the Parthenon. All were built to gods we've no longer got, gods created by people to explain the mysteries of the world. Gods begin, in other words as bad science. In time they are institutionalised and are used as tools of government." - Joe Bennett.