Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm A Believer

"Everybody is looking for someone who can stand up in the wind. It is lonely standing up and crowded lying down. I refuse to be an anchor for other people's dreams - but then I refuse to anchor mine to anyone else. So I have no choice but to stand up and piss into the wind."

Hunter S. Thompson - The Proud Highway


Raoul Duke: "There was only one road back to L.A. - U.S. Interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway, straight on into frantic oblivion. Safety. Obscurity. Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.

We'd gone in search of the 'American dream'. It had been a lame fuck around. A waste of Time. But there was no point in looking back, fuck no! Not today thank you kindly. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger, a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident..."


No comments: