Monday, October 13, 2008

Tigerbomb Breakfast Trendspotter Acrobat Static

"Don't strip off my bark - I have been stripped of it before
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow has so much more in store

You are a bird - you're taking off in every way
Say the last word until there is nothing more to say

Don't interrupt - you know the squirrels are my friends
Get off my limb - for I will break before I bend

I am a tree - counting my rings will do no good
I won't live long but I would be with you if I could

When you take flight, remember me to one who lives there
Since you have flown, there's something special in the air"


(GUIDED BY VOICES - I am A Tree
Mag Earwig!)



"Collected my belongings and I left the jail.
Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell.
I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile.

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,
when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
When the earth folded on itself.
And said 'Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell
are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.'
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"

(MODEST MOUSE - Ocean Breathes Salty
Good News For People Who Love Bad News)


No comments: