Monday, April 21, 2008

petition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetiti

Stuff I wrote down or read from other sources whilst at my workplace
then emailed back to myself to edit marginally and fill up space.
Okay this is going to be a mixed up load of... enjoy!
Have I written this before?
ground hog day
infinite loop
dé jà vu*



The Synthetic Age
In modern times we have managed to replicate many aspects of the past, except for the quality.

Material Fetishism
If the oppressed masses of the world were to unite or form a class consciousness, present power structures would be meaningless as they are based almost solely on an unequal distribution of wealth, and not as we are sometimes informed based on natural talents and abilities. If you really believe that vast wealth can be accumulated via 'hard work' or 'risk-taking' then shouldn't all inheritance be outlawed as it discourages people from both of those things. It only encourages people to jump vehemently to the defence of so-called 'property rights' and strongly resist any attempts to redistribute wealth...
Interaction of politics and economics...
RIP Zimbabwe, Burma, etc...

notes from the edge...
inside the thought factory...
Production line of the mind...
Mixing up storm, brewing up a cuppa....
Too busy, as always. Time/money paradox
Need more time,
but this must be sacrificed to obtain money.
Which is required to acquire possessions
which can be used to enjoy time.
Which you can't use
'cause you are too busy trying to get more money!
Endless cycle of labour
used to further others aims.
Means to an end.
Our forebears had it worse.
Who am I to complain?
A moaning whinger I assume...
The odds of winning the lottery aren't even worth a chance...
But we'll risk it as much as we can
for a opportunity to break out.
Is boredom better than being in pain
or would that at least provide some sort of stimulation
which is preferable
to the absence of any feeling or excitement.
Go on without me
I'll only drag you down
to my level
of wonder
at what is
and what isn't.

First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

Attributed to Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945
the accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands
whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective,
may justly be pronounced the very definition of
tyranny

"The proper role of a healthily functioning economy is to destroy jobs and put labor to use elsewhere" -- Joseph Schumpeter


No comments: