Monday, March 05, 2007

Form, function and other useless bollocks!

I am wrong, you are wrong...
I guess simplification can be a good thing, as long as it is not at the expense of the truth. I mean, so many news articles are so overly simplified that they become incorrect, or at the least misleading to folk who just skim the surface. The retractions are always hidden too deep within, to be noticed.

Here is a sorta cheesy thought for the day followed by some movie dialogue, jolly original of me I know but I just thought it was something to think about...

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a
Battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son,
The battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
Greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment
Inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope,
Serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,
Empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute
And then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

--------------------------------------


Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Joker: No, sir.
Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.
Joker: Yes, sir.
Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.
Colonel: The what?
Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Joker: Our side, sir.
Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Joker: Yes, sir.
Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Joker: Yes, sir.
Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.
Joker: Aye-aye, sir.
(FMJ)

“I feed my body with things that I don’t need, until I stink to the bottom.”

No comments: